The plantain pancake makes a good dessert with strawberries and cream or yoghurt or iced cream on top. Enjoy!
- 1 large green plantain, peeled
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ tsp stevia or sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Coconut oil / butter/ oil for cooking
- The plantain will often be hard to peel. Make a slit in the peel lengthwise, followed by slicing it into thirds, then a knife to peel.
- Place the ingredients in a bowl or blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- First put a little oil or butter into a non stick pan. Then cook like a normal pancake.
- The pancakes freeze well
makes 6 pancakes
If you can’t add milk, then use two eggs per plantain.
If you want a fluffier panake, add a pinch of baking powder
Best with cream and strawsberries
30 seconds in the microwave to bring them back to life, if they have been in the fridge.